Tuesday, August 9, 2011

WOW! I made a backpack!

I am so proud of myself! I decided that I was going to make Kaelyn a backpack for school this year and I did! I made the whole thing and I even made the pattern for it!  I'm pretty excited that I was able to do the whole thing without a tutorial or pattern to go by!  At this point I feel like I can do anything!! Until I run into a problem on the next thing I make! I'm posting some pictures below!


Here is a picture of the front! I used a K applique on the bottom part and I stitched out her name on the flap!

 Here is one of the sides (both are the same except the design is reversed).  It has a nice big pocket on either side to hold those small things that would get lost in the big part! I love the butterfly design!
Here is a picture of the back. I'm hoping that the straps will be long enough... if not I already planned what I will do to make them longer.  How is that for planning!! I actuallythought ahead!! haha
Here is another shot of the front.  It looks so small but it is actually 13 or so inches tall and probably about the same amount wide.  I'm really happy with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment